Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jewellery

Jewellery has been a long-time passion of mine and I am fortunate to be attending VCU, which is not only notable for it's Communication Arts department but also it's Craft/ Material Studies program.

I will be graduating this May with dual degrees because of this.

By throwing myself into my second degree, I have emerged with an incredible passion for metalsmithing and adornment. Needless to say, my path is shifting from botanical illustration to jewelry, however, both forms of art inform the other and I do still maintain a botanical illustration practice.

I was recently nominated to compete for the prestigious Windgate Fellowship. This is an absolute honor and I am so proud to be representing my school. I am so fortunate to have found such a wonderful mentor as Susie Ganch. I certainly hope to be a mentor myself in the future.

I will be posting regular updates of my studio practice and creative process so please stay tuned. Feel free to visit my website and ask any questions via my contact form. I've listed some great links there too.

Here's a look at the work I have been making.

Requiescence
Photo Credit: Courtney Taylor Bowles

Detail
Photo Credit: Courtney Taylor Bowles

Kindred
Photo Credit: Jane Barton (Dautant)


Sieze
Photo Credit: Courtney Taylor Bowles

Cameo
Photo Credit: Courtney Taylor Bowles

Collar
Photo Credit: Courtney Taylor Bowles

Encounter
Photo Credit: Jane Barton (Dautant)

Germinate
Photo Credit: Courtney Taylor Bowles 
Succulent
Photo Credit: Jane Barton (Dautant)

Us
Photo Credit:
Jane Barton (Dautant)




No comments: